Roland FP 30/Roland FP 30 Review/ Roland FP 30 Best Price / Roland FP 30 vs Kawai ES100, Yamaha P115 Comparison & Function – Digital Piano Best Review
Many people dream about having an affordable but quality digital piano. Digital piano that is stable is enough to use it at home or stage, and light enough to carry. With modernity, variety of features, design, sound, and key action… this new Roland FP 30 provides the players everything they need. Roland FP 30 is expected to be a new dark horse in the budget digital pianos field because of its cheap price but high-end functions like Bluetooth 4.0, ivory key surface, and escapement feeling. We are very excited about the release of Roland FP 30, players will be able to enjoy advanced features with minimum spending.
We recommend this piano to:
-beginner player who wants a piano that can last long without feeling flimsy.
-intermediate player who wants a piano that has features from grand piano.
-advanced player who wants a casual, but quality piano.
Basic video guides from Roland:
Roland FP 30 Touch
– Roland FP 30 has impressive 88 keys, PHA-4 graded weight hammer action which has escapement feeling that replicates grand piano touch, no other digital pianos that are in similar price range have this escapement feature. Roland FP 30 also has ivory key surface, it absorbs moisture from fingers, thus improves playability. Compared with its previous model F 20, Roland FP 30 has 2 more levels of key touch (5 total), and better sound. Comparing Roland FP 30 with other old FP models, FP 30 has better key action and cheaper price. Roland FP 30 has better key sensor and key action than other products that are more expensive thatn FP 30.
*Escapement – the mechanism that allows the hammer to clear the string after striking, so that the string can vibrate (TheFreeDictionary).
Hammers of grand piano positioned horizontally therefore get affected by gravity directly, which enables faster key recovery. Hammers of upright piano are positioned vertically with springs (jack).
(Picture from Piano-tuners)
Roland FP 30 Functions
Sound | Roland FP 30 has includes 6 piano sounds, 7 electric piano sounds, and 22 other sounds. Roland FP 30 has MIDI that players can connect to computer, and produce many different variety of sounds.2
- Layer | With this technique, you can play two different sounds simultaneously on one key with Roland FP 30. You will be able to play ‘piano and string’ sound or ‘piano and organ’ sound simultaneously on one key. You will be able to make the performance more beautiful and will give you more enjoyment.
- Split | You can play two different instrument sounds on each hand within a keyboard. For example, left hand can play vibratone, right hand can play piano; it gives effect of one person playing two different instrument sound.
- Duet mode | You can divide the keyboard into two separate pianos with the same chromatic scale. This is will become playing two of 44-keys pianos; it is fit for performance or a lesson between a student and a teacher. Transpose Function | You can easily harmonize with different instruments.
Recording| With Roland FP 30, you can save at internal memory (1 song), and at external memory (flash drive)
Apps| Roland provides several helpful apps for FP 30 (official website) for both IOS and Android now.
They have very useful apps such as Piano Partner 2, Piano Designer, and Cube Kit
Roland FP 30 vs F 20 Comparison
|F 20||FP 30|
|Key Action||Ivory G (ivory)||PHA-4 (ivory + escapement)|
|Touch Sensitivity||3 levels||5 levels|
|Speaker output||6W x 2||11W x 2|
|Non-Roland Flash Drive||Not Guaranteed||Usable|
|Weight||20kg (44lbs 2oz)||14.1kg (31lbs 2oz)|
Other| Includes Metronome, MIDI, 30 internal songs, Recording function, and and pretty LED lights.
Option| Roland FP 30 also comes in cabinet-style with 3 pedals (Soft, Sostenuto, and Damper). Bench is optional.
Color| Roland FP 30 is available in black and white
Warranty| With Roland FP 30, you will receive labor warranty of 2 years and additional 3 years of parts warranty.
Bluetooth 4.0 MIDI function is also an unique thing about such budget piano Roland FP 30. It can be connected to multiple devices (supports Android, Windows, and IOS) for applications (ex. GarageBand), and it has bluetooth recognition function, which means, you can connect the piano to iPad, and have iPad to turn the sheet music automatically for you.
Home style Roland FP 30 with cabinet stand + 3 pedals
Keyboard 88 keys (PHA-4 Standard Keyboard: with Escapement and Ivory Feel)
Touch Sensitivity Key Touch: 5 types, fixed touch
Keyboard Mode Whole
Dual (volume balance adjustable)
Split (split point adjustable, volume balance adjustable)
Twin Piano Pedals Accessory pedal
Damper (capable of continuous detection)
Soft (capable of continuous detection)
Sostenuto (function assignable)
Piano Sound SuperNATURAL Piano Sound
MIDI Format Conforms to GM2, GS
Max. Polyphony 128 voices
Tones Piano: 6 Tones
E.Piano: 7 Tones
Other: 22 Tones
Stretched Tuning (only for piano tones)Always On
Master Tuning 415.3 Hz–466.2 Hz (adjustable in increments of 0.1 Hz)
Transpose-6–+5 (in semitones)
Effects Ambience (Off, 1–4)
Brilliance (Mellow, Normal, Bright)
Only for Piano Tones:
String Resonance (Always On)
Damper Resonance (Always On)
Key Off Resonance (Always On)
Tempo Quarter note = 20–250
Beat: 0/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4
SMF RECORDER Parts1 part
Save Format Standard MIDI Files (Format 0)
Note Storage Approx. 30,000 notes
Controls Song Select
All Song Play
Tempo Quarter note = 20–250
Resolution 120 ticks per quarter note
Rhythms: 8 types
Controls Rhythm Select
Tempo Quarter note = 20–250 AUDIO Playback File Format: Audio File (WAV 44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear format)
Controls Song Select
INTERNAL MEMORY Save Song Standard MIDI Files (Format 0)Songs Max. 1 song EXTERNAL MEMORY External Storage USB Flash Memory
Playable Song Format Standard MIDI Files (Format 0, 1)
Audio File (WAV, 44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear format)
Save Format Standard MIDI Files (Format 0)BLUETOOTH MIDI, Turning music sheet
Bluetooth Ver 4.0 OTHER Internal Songs 30 songs
Connectors DC In jack
USB COMPUTER port: USB Type B
USB MEMORY port: USB Type A
Phones jacks (usable as output jack) x 2: Stereo miniature phone type, Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
Rated Power Output 11 W x 2
Speakers 12 cm (4-3/4 inches) x 2 Volume Level (SPL)102 dB (This value was measured according to the method that is based on Roland’s technical standard.)
Control Volume (with the speaker volume and the headphones volume automatically select function)
Other Functions Panel Lock
Power Supply AC adaptor
Power Consumption8 W (3–22 W)
8 W: Average power consumption while piano is played with volume at center position
3 W: Power consumption immediately after power-up; nothing being played
22 W: Rated power consumption
Accessories Owner’s Manual
Power Cord (for connecting AC Adaptor)
Options (sold separately)Dedicated Stand: KSC-70
Dedicated Pedal Board: KPD-70
Keyboard Stand: KS-12
Damper Pedal: DP-10
USB Flash Memory *
* Use USB Flash Memory sold by Roland. We cannot guarantee operation if other products are used.
Width: 1,300 mm (WITH MUSIC REST DETACHED)
51-3/16 inches, Depth: 284 mm
11-7/8 inches, Height: 150 mm
5-7/8 inches, Weight: 14.1 kg
31 lbs 2 oz
SIZE AND WEIGHT (WITH MUSIC REST AND DEDICATED STAND KSC-70)
Width: 1,300 mm
51-3/16 inches, Depth: 324 mm
12-13/16 inches, Height: 925 mm
36-3/8 inches, Weight23 kg
50 lbs 12 oz
Roland FP-30 official website: http://www.roland.com/products/fp-30/
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Roland is under license.