Roland Juno DS88 / Roland Juno DS88 Price / Roland Juno DS88 Compare Sound & Function —Digital Piano Best Review..
Roland Juno DS88 is one of the bestselling synthesizer.
Many people are aware of the excellent technology of Roland digital pianos.
They are also aware that, Rolands are way more valuable due to its high quality compared to other brands. (Also Available is JUNO-DS61 for 61 keys)
Roland Juno DS88 is made for musicians who search for synthesizers with brilliant value with exceptionally good prices.
Speaker quality and keyboard quality also became upgraded. If your budget is around the middle range and if you have experienced Rolands, then you would most likely consider actually purchasing this item. Trust me, this is a good buy.
Roland Synthesizers are the best as a digital instrument. Also, Roland Juno DS88 has the best function and technology way more than its price has to offer.
If you have at least used any other synthesizers in the past, you will acknowledge Roland Juno DS88 out of other synthesizers within the same price range.
Roland Juno DS88 is a modern unique synthesizer with prestige and various functions that can provide enjoyment in performance.
Roland Juno DS88 is also recognized because Roland Juno DS88 have escapement technology with in the keyboard all the sounds and functions from the previous Juno-DI and newly updated sound presets.
You will not be able to find other synthesizers at these bargain price that gives you the “click-feel” of Escapement.
Many in-store shoppers acknowledge the weight of the keyboard and as they play the Roland Juno DS88 , they acknowledge it once again.
Nonetheless, Roland Juno DS88 is a modern-style home digital piano. Roland Juno DS88 does not take up that much space.
If you lack space to keep a piano but still want a digital piano that is same size as an acoustic piano with 88-weighted key, then I strongly recommend the Roland Juno DS88.
Sound — Roland Juno DS88 also has over 1200 preset memories with more than 256 user memories.
Roland Juno DS88 will express all your performance realistically and meet your needs.
Roland Juno DS88 will meet the standard and even exceed the satisfaction of the performer but it will realistically express the performance as is.
These numerous sound of Roland is sampled from the very best sources including the sound of Steinway piano.
Thus, Roland Juno DS88 has ample sound of clarity and depth. Honestly, not everyone is satisfied with sound sources of Roland Juno-DS88
Sound is a personal preference and if they want a clear sound then it is understandable.
However, fans of Roland products say that harmonic connection between lower to higher pitched sounds are well balanced.
Most Roland fans in-store are usually music majors and performers of classical music.
Compared to the number of hotkeys, it has vast amount of different sound types. You can play it comfortably with the 128 Polyphony.
Roland Juno DS88 even has a slot for expansion sets.
Roland Juno DS88 has realistic sound with great rhythm pattern grouping as well, meeting your sampling and producing needs.
Touch —— As stated above, Roland Juno DS88 has weighted keys that have ivory feel which is made to prevent slipping of the finger.
Roland Juno DS88 has 88 weighted hammer actions which makes low-pitched keys heavier and makes the weight of the keys lighter as pitch gets higher.
Action of the keys is acknowledged all over the world.
To emulate realistic grand piano it is made with “click-feel” which is called escapement.
Roland Juno DS88 made of 88 Key Ivory Feel-G with Escapement.
You will feel like you are playing an acoustic grand piano.
You can control touch-sensitivity to your own preference for performance.
It’s hard to know the pros of Roland keyboard just by pressing on the keys.
Play the actual Roland Juno DS88 piano when you have a chance; you might even become a fan of Roland afterwards.
Roland’s keyboard is great for multi-purpose use.
If you have not experienced advanced Rolands, then I strongly recommend experiencing it.
Roland Juno DS88 has the best keyboard action compared to other digital pianos within the same price range and I proudly recommend the Roland Juno DS88.
Function… Roland Juno DS88 has many different functions.
- Wave Expansion Slot|You can add new sounds by using the wave expansion slot and increase your enjoyment by multiples.
- Eight-Track Pattern Sequencer| If you have sounds to sequence and build a non-stop creative flow, this is the tool to go to. It will enhance your live recitals into a jukebox-like effects.
- Sound|Including 11 grand piano sounds, Roland Juno DS88 has total of 316 different sounds. From woodwind, brass, string, and electronic sounds, Roland Juno DS88 has various sounds that you can enjoy playing.
-GM2 (Roland’s General Midi 2 Sound Library) which supports hundredths of different midi generated instrument sounds (source from SinclairDesign).
- Layer|With this technique, you can play two different sounds simultaneously on one key. You will be able to play piano and string sound or piano and organ sound at the same time. You will be able to make the performance more beautiful and will give you more enjoyment.
- Transpose|Roland Juno DS88 has transpose of -6, +5 which can be useful harmonizing with different instruments.
- Rhythm|Accompany function makes the background music match the performance of your hand with over 72 different types of rhythm. Using accompany function, you can let it follow along your performance as a background rhythm in different genres. This will enhance your experience.
- Audio|Roland Juno DS88 has Playback function with ability for you to play WAV files inside of USB like an audio. You can also balance the volume to play along your WAV file with the digital piano.
- Wireless USB|You can wirelessly connect to smartphones and smartpads such as iphone and ipads and use Roland-provided APP called Piano Partner for free. (However, Wireless USB Adapter is an optional item)
- Other functions include computer USB, Recording function, metronome function, and convenient LED screen.
Option — Roland Juno DS88is a home-style digital piano that comes with cabinet stand and 3-pedal (Soft, Sostenuto, and Damper). Yet, bench is optional.
Apps| Roland provides several helpful apps for JUNO DS 88 (official website) for both IOS and Android now.
They have very useful apps such as Piano Partner 2, Piano Designer, and Cube Kit
Color — Roland Juno DS88 comes in black color only.
Warranty — You will receive parts & labor warranty of 2 years and additional 3 years of part warranty.
Here is the quick tutorial videos for Roland JUNO DS series.
- 88 keys (Ivory Feel-G Keyboard with Escapement)
- Sound Generator
- Maximum Polyphony
- 128 voices
- 16 parts
- Preset Memory
- – Patches: Over 1200
– Drum kits: Over 30
– Performances: 64
* GM2 compatible sounds are included.
- User Memory
- – Patches: 256
– Drum kits: 8
– Performances: 128
– Favorites: 100
- Wave Expansion Slots
- 1 slot
* The wave expansion slot is rewritable internal waveform memory. You can download data from the Axial sound library site and write it via a USB flash drive into the JUNO-DS’s internal wave memory (slot).
- Sample Import Function
- File Format
- Audio file: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bits)
- – Multi-effects: 3 systems, 80 types
– Chorus: 3 types
– Reverb: 5 types
– Mic input reverb: 8 types
- Audio File Player Section
- File Format
- Audio file: WAV, AIFF, MP3
- Rhythm Pattern
- Preset: 30 groups x 8
- Preset: 128
- Pitch bend/Modulation lever
Control knob x 4
Level slider x 4
Multicolor pad x 8
- Graphic LCD 256 x 80 dots
- External Storage Device
- USB flash drive (supports USB 2.0 Hi-Speed flash memory)
- PEDAL HOLD jack
MIC INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
EXT INPUT jack: stereo miniature phone type
OUTPUT jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type
PHONES jack: stereo 1/4-inch phone type
MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
USB MEMORY port
USB COMPUTER port (supports USB MIDI/AUDIO)
DC IN jack
- Power Supply
- DC 9 V: AC adaptor or rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) (sold separately) x 8
* Battery life for continuous use (differs depending on the conditions of use) Rechargeable nickel metal hydride batteries: approximately 5 hours (when using batteries having a capacity of 1900 mAh) (approximately 4 hours if USB flash drive is connected)
* Carbon-zinc or alkaline batteries cannot be used.
- Current Draw
- 600 mA
- Owner’s manual
Leaflet “USING THE UNIT SAFELY”
- Options (sold separately)
- Keyboard stand (*1): KS-18Z, KS-12, KS-G8B
Pedal switch: DP series
Expression pedal: EV-5
USB flash memory (*2)*1 When using the KS-18Z, ensure that the height of the unit is one meter or lower.
*2 Use USB Flash Memory (supports USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Flash Memory) sold by Roland. We cannot guarantee operation if other products are used.
- Size and Weight
- 1,415 mm
- 341 mm
- 144 mm
- Weight (excluding AC adaptor)
- 16.2 kg
35 lbs. 12 oz.